Dining Out in Inverness
Inverness offers a great variety of restaurants offering a fantastic choice of food. The dining experience ranges from intimate cafes to chic restaurants with stylishly prepared food.
Our recommendations would be;Rocpool Restaurant
– A consistently good place to eat in the city centre. Its fine dining and laid back ambience makes it arguably the best restaurant of its type. The modern European food is equally fashionable and delivers quality ingredients cooked with flair.Café 1
- Classical styling and an informal, friendly ambience set the scene for Scottish cooking that surprises and delights guests to this city centre restaurant. Popular with the locals, the menu at this city centre restaurant is eclectic, modern and spans most continents.Abstract
- Named a Rising Star in the latest edition of the Michelin Guide, Abstract provides an excellent French inspired A La Carte menu, a 7 course tasting menu and a unique dining experience at the Chef’s Table within the kitchen.Contrast Brasserie
- Contrast is Abstract’s sister restaurant. It has superb views over the River Ness and during the summer months you can dine alfresco for lunch or dinner. Contrast is a brasserie with its heart firmly in France, but with one foot remaining in Scotland.The Mustard Seed
- A beautiful restaurant in a converted church building. The Mustard Seed uses quality Scottish ingredients to create a modern European menu with Highland influences.Rocpool Reserve
– A luxury 5 star boutique hotel with upmarket restaurant owned by French chef, Albert Roux offering Scottish ingredients with a French twist.The Kitchen
– One of Inverness’ newest restaurants. It offers a frequently changing choice of seafood, game, vegetarian and Scottish beef dishes reflecting the best of the season.Dores Inn
– The Dores Inn is located 8 miles outside of Inverness. Recently refurbished and located on the shores of Loch Ness, The Dores Inn serves great food, wine and ales in a warm and relaxing atmosphere. (Dores, Loch Ness).Girvans
- A friendly family run restaurant open daily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.